Pressure washer comes with several nozzles that offer different spray angles and pressures depending on the cleaning project you want to accomplish. The nozzle also known as the spray tip is very essential as it puts the pressure in the power washer. The nozzles are installed at the end of the pressure washer wand or lance and come in various colors.
The nozzles angles also vary, and this will determine the spray angle. A narrow angle provides more pressure on a small area while a wide angle spreads out the pressure. Choosing the correct spray tip will ensure that you have a thorough clean of your car without causing any damage. However, choosing the wrong nozzle is likely to peel off the paint of your car.
In addition, a spray tip is important as it helps to restrict the flow of water in order to increase velocity. Therefore, if you want to reach your car and the hose is short, the best idea is to restrict the flow of water by holding ¾ of the tip with your thumb. This increases the force of the water spray, and you are then able to reach the car.
Types of pressure washer tips
There are different types of pressure washer nozzles to choose from. Experts recommend choosing the right size of tip to ensure that the water is evenly distributed across your car’s surface. This also helps avoid damaging the paint job.
- Red colored, 0-degree tip- The 0-degree nozzle shoots a direct stream of water on the surface. Since the jet of water is very strong, it is more suitable for removing stains and debris from cement and concrete. This nozzle, however, is not appropriate for use on woods, siding, or cars as it may cause damage.
- 15-degree yellow tip- This tip throws water at 15-degree spray pattern making it ideal for heavy-duty cleaning. The water spray hits over a large surface area. Use this on surface preparation like removing dirt or paint. Note that this tip does not work well with chemical/detergent based cleaning since it can cause chemicals to be absorbed in the cracks.
- 25-degree green tip- This nozzle delivers less pressure and is used to sweep mud or dirt from driveways, decks, and sidewalks. It is also great for washing cars and furniture using chemicals since it gives the right amount of GPM or PSI.
- 40-degree white tip- This nozzle uses a 40-degree spray pattern that is suitable for cleaning delicate surfaces. Because of its low amount of pressure, it can be used to clean vehicles windows, glossy surfaces, and home sidings. This tip works on any type of surface.
- 65-degrees black tip- The black colored nozzle has very gentle pressure and covers the widest area. This tip is typically used when applying detergents or chemicals to wet surfaces. In case you have to clean a large surface area in the shortest time possible, this tip will do the trick.
When choosing your pressure washer and its nozzle, it is important to note the PSI and the water flow GPM. Water will leave the tip with more force in a machine that has a higher PSI than one that has a lower PSI. Also, the higher its GPM, the more the water will be released.
Choosing the pressure washer
Along with the spray tip, it is also crucial to choose the right pressure washer. There are two types of pressure washers to choose from including the electric and gas-powered pressure washer. However, when it comes to washing your car, it is best to use the best electric pressure washer. This is because a gas machine is too powerful for light cleaning jobs and is likely to damage your car’s paint job and windows.
Additionally, when choosing the pressure washer, the pressure level should also be taken into consideration. You need to set your pressure washer at the correct PSI and GPM, so your car is cleaned effectively. The appropriate pressure washer to use on cars is 1.4-1.6 GPM and a pressure level of 1200-1900 PSI. 1600 PSI is highly recommended according to the 1600 psi pressure washer reviews.
It is a good idea to keep the hose some feet away from the car to prevent damage.
Using the right nozzle for the job will speed up the cleaning process and get the job done effectively. In order to successfully and safely clean your car, you will need to use the 25 or 40-degree tips. This way, you will not have to worry about maintaining and caring for your car.