Concerned about your neck wrinkles all of a sudden? It’s no surprise that you’re alarmed, surprised, and possibly confused. You ask, “Why?” You know why. You haven’t exactly been paying attention to your neck all of these years, have you? That’s typical. People tend to forget that the neck area are just as likely to get nasty wrinkles and other signs of skin aging just like the skin on your face. And why not? Your neck skin is just as exposed to UV as your face is.
How to Make Up for Your Neck Skin
Okay, so you’re ready for a catch up? You have a lot to do and there’s no time to waste. To help you come up with a plan that works up a youthful complexion for your neck skin, first you have to know where the aging neck skin problem of yours is coming from.
Listed below are the top causes of neck wrinkles:
- Sun damage
- Natural aging process
- Vertical orientation of the neck muscles
- Lack of supportive structure to prop up neck skin
- Thinner neck skin
- Low rate of skin damage repair
Considering all of these underlying causes, here are the best ways to improve your neck skin:
1.Get on an anti-aging regimen that includes your skin. Tackle unsightly neck wrinkles by shifting gears from protection and prevention only to a regimen that includes regeneration and renewal. This time, make sure that your neck skin gets the special attention it deserves. Look for a product that is especially suited for your neck skin such as Revivatone. What cream does your neck skin need? Ideally, your neck cream should be formulated with the following:
- Antioxidants. Important for skin at any age and for any part of your body, antioxidants provide protection from further damage. This is an important mechanism that helps your skin get ahead of the rate that damage is being done. For your neck skin, powerful antioxidants that include co-enzyme Q10, Vitamin C, Vitamin E, and Vitamin B3 (Niacinamide) are the most helpful.
- Peptides. These amino acids are essential for skin renewal to happen. In order to get rid of neck wrinkles, collagen production rates must go up significantly so that skin regeneration and turnover can happen faster than damage is done.
- Mild and gentle exfoliants. Ingredients such as alpha and poly hydroxy acids help enhance skin cell turnover rates. Regular application of these exfoliants also help rid your pores of impurities, allowing more of the beneficial ingredients of your neck cream to sink in and become better absorbed by your skin.
2.Check in for a procedure. The good news is that modern skin care science has now made it possible to enhance skin and reverse visible signs of skin aging including wrinkles, age spots, and saggy skin without the need to go into surgery. The beauty of noninvasive and minimally invasive procedures is that real skin health enhancements can be realized, the results appear as natural as can be, and these are outpatient procedures that require little to no downtime.
Procedures that you should talk to your skin care specialist about are listed below:
- Professional chemical peel. This procedure will have a downtime depending on the intensity of treatment and the type of chemical used. More intense peels will usually cause the skin to appear red and swollen with pain for up to two weeks. Milder peels usually require only 48 hours to heal. Your skincare consultant will prescribe a peel depending on your skin needs, skin type, tolerance for chemical peeling, and the targeted results.
- Microdermabrasion. Another professionally administered method of exfoliation, microdermabrasion deliberately scratches off the surface of your skin to eliminate dead and damaged skin layers. In turn, this procedure also stimulates the regeneration and surfacing of new skin.
- Laser Treatment Therapy. When it comes to precision and accuracy, laser-based procedures continue to lead the pack. As a result of highly targeted and systematic exfoliation, these procedures make it possible to slough off damaged skin cells only and avoid damaging undamaged, adjacent cells.
- Intense Pulsed Light Therapy. This procedure utilizes broad spectrum light to deliver healing to your neck skin. This is a great way to both prevent wrinkles and tighten loose neck skin at the same time.
- Radio Frequency Therapy. This procedure utilizes a device that delivers radio waves that stimulate skin cells deep within your skin to produce more collagen fibers. This facilitates faster skin regeneration and renewal. RF procedures are commonly combined with laser treatment therapy. RF is one of the most effective treatments for sagging neck skin.
Preventing Further Damage To Your Neck Skin
To enhance the improvements that you can derive from neck skin treatments and products that improve neck wrinkles, you have to invest more time and effort to prevent further skin damage. Here are the top prevention measures to further promote healthy and youthful looking neck skin:
- Always apply your sunscreen. From now on, make sure your skin gets a dose of that broad spectrum sunscreen too. Wear physical barriers like a shawl most especially when you expect to be out in the sun for an extended period of time.
- Exercise regularly. Particularly for improving your neck skin, you can try some neck stretching exercise to firm up and pull up loose neck skin.
- Sleep for at least 7 hours each night. Getting sufficient sleep can significantly raise the health of your aging neck skin. Sleeping gives your skin cells time to recover from damage that you experience from day-to-day.
Worrying about your neck wrinkles won’t change a thing but, taking action now would. There are options available for you to start tapping right now. When you can, don’t wait another day. You’ve neglected your neck skin long enough and now is the right time to give it what it has always deserved all this time.