Dining rooms are one of the most beautiful places in our homes. Be it a family gathering or a lunch with family friends; dining rooms host a considerable number of people every day. Thus, it is not advisable to have a cluttered, unorganized, or untidy dining area. Did you know that for all cleaning services London you can use Helpling?
If you are wondering how to declutter and clean up your dining room, we have curated a step-by-step guide on how to deep clean your dining room. Let us get started.
Get rid of the clutter
First things first, get rid of any clutter present in the dining room. Often, we end up placing a lot of items on the dining table. You can begin decluttering all the items by placing them in individual baskets designated with different names.
For instance, you can sort the items based on the people who use them. Allot separate baskets to individual family members, and you are good to go! Once you are done cleaning the room, you can tackle the individual baskets.
- Before you start cleaning, remove everything from the cabinets.
- Clean the chinaware and silverware with caution in the kitchen.
- Use the dusting mitt to wipe down each shelf.
- Before you place all the items back into the cabinet, make sure they are dusted properly.
- Repeat this procedure for every cabinet and buffet.
Tables and chairs
- Before you get started with the chairs and the legs of the table, scrub off any tough stains off the table surface. You can also use a plastic spatula for tough stains.
- As the next course of action, wipe down the chairs and the legs.
- If your centerpieces can be washed, add them to the dishwasher. If they are not washable, dust them.
- You can throw the cushions and linens used on the table into the washing machine.
Most people are concerned about the loss of sheen from the surface of the silverware. You do not have to worry anymore! All you need is some aluminum – either an aluminum foil or a baking pan made of aluminum – some baking soda and boiling water.
Soak the foil in water and bring the contents to a boil. Once you see the water boiling and the bubbles coming up, add some baking soda and let it stand for one to two minutes. Now dip the dull, lackluster silverware into the boiling water and see the item regain its sheen in no time!
If you still want to rub on some polish, you can do that with a clean sponge and wipe the surface clean with a smooth and dry cloth to be sure of removing all the tarnish.
It is best to move your furniture out of the dining area and clean the underneath each piece of furniture. If you have a rug under the furniture, remove it, shake it outside and vacuum it thoroughly. Sweep the underlying tiles or wood direst before you get to cleaning.
Summing up: What to do going forward?
We understand how deep cleaning can take up a considerable time of your day. Thus, it is recommended to follow certain tips and tricks while at home to ensure that deep cleaning is not necessary now and then.
Daily: Post dinner, spend a couple of minutes wiping the chairs and table every night.
Weekly: Wipe the outsides of the cabinets. Vacuum or mop the floor at least once a week. The light switches can be disinfected at regular intervals.
Monthly: Ensure that the molding, wales, baseboards, and the top surfaces of the buffet and cabinets are dusted. Take time to shake and vacuum your rugs.