Summer is just around the corner, which means it’s time to start thinking about all the awesome summer parties you’re going to throw!
When it comes to throwing an epic summer bash, there are a lot of things you can do to keep your guests entertained and make your party stand out from all the rest.
Check out this guide to discover the top summer party ideas.
1. Backyard BBQ Party
Of course, nothing screams American summer more than a backyard BBQ party.
This is an easy theme to execute, and it’ll make your friends feel right at home. Here are some tips to keep in mind in order to throw the ultimate summer backyard BBQ party:
- Make sure you have enough propane and charcoal
- Prep your food before the guests arrive
- Set up some yard games (cornhole, Norwegian golf, badminton) to keep the kids entertained
- Mix up your grilling game with hamburgers, hot dogs, veggie burgers, grilled pineapple, or grilled fish
- Make sure you have plenty of ice and coolers to keep drinks cool
- Consider setting up a mini bar that guests can help themselves to
- Invest in the best sliding glass doors so people can easily transition from indoor and outdoor activities and you can keep smoke out of the home
With these tips, you should be able to throw a great BBQ party!
2. Beach Or Pool Party
The summer months are all about beating the heat, which is why this is also a great time to throw a beach or pool party.
To give your space that “beachy” feel, you can set up decorations like seashells, beach chairs, and striped decor. You could even put some sand around your pool or set up a sandbox for the kids.
You should also stock up on outdoor pillows, blue linen, rustic beach signs, glassware, and beach balls. Also, don’t forget to send out beach-themed party invitations.
3. Tex Mex Summer Party
With a Tex Mex themed party, you’ll combine the elements of a Western party with a Mexican fiesta.
Here are some things you can do to throw a great Tex Mex party:
- Set up a nacho bar or taco bar for your guests
- Invest in a margarita machine
- Decorate with cactus plants, paper flowers, colorful garlands, and pinatas
- Serve unique dishes like churros, Tex Mex tortilla pinwheels, or rhubarb agua fresca
If you really want to get the party shaking, you can also play some salsa music and set up an area where people can move and groove.
4. Lemonade Party
Lemonade is to summer what hot chocolate is to winter. So, why not turn this sweet drink into a summer party with lemonade-inspired goodies and yellow decor?
You could even set up a lemonade tasting stand where people can try different kinds of lemonade. In addition to old fashioned lemonade, here are some other kinds you may want to try your hand at making:
- Peach basil lemonade
- Strawberry watermelon lemonade
- Rhubarb lemonade
- Kentucky lemonade
- Rosemary lemonade
- Red and Blueberry lemonade
- And of course, a spiked lemonade for the adults
In addition to lemonade, here are some other lemon-themed treats you can have at your party:
- A bowl of lemon-flavored candy-like yellow starbursts, yellow skittles, or lemon drops
- Lemon cheesecake
- Lemon ginger icebox cake
- Lemon sugar cookies
- Lemon coconut bites
- Shortbread lemon bars
Additionally, make sure to invest in yellow linen, yellow table runners, and of course, actually lemons for garnishing your drinks!
5. Backyard Dinner Party
When most of us think of summertime parties, we think of a casual backyard hangout. But, if you’re looking to throw a party that’s a bit more sophisticated, why not have a backyard dinner party?
This is a great way to have an intimate and memorable time with your loved ones. To make it a special event, we suggest investing in candles, twinkling fairy lights, and a warm color palette for your linen.
You can also buy some mason jars and attach some cute summer sayings to them to give your party extra charm.
A Hawaiin luau is another quintessential summer party idea. This is an easy theme that allows you to tackle a bunch of different DIY projects. Here are some things you’ll need for your backyard luau:
- Fake palm trees and tropical flowers
- Fruity cocktails
- Grass skirts
- Hawaiin music
- Hawaiin-themed decor
Additionally, here are some things we suggest serving at your luau party:
- Slow cooker Polynesian pork
- Pineapple mango fruit salsa
- Hawaiin potato salad
- Aloha pineapple cheese ball
- Bacon-wrapped pineapple bites
- Fruit luau centerpiece
Although a carnival party can take a bit more work to set up, it’ll definitely be memorable for you and your guests!
For this party, we suggest serving carnival-themed foods such as popcorn, snow cones, cotton candy, circus peanuts, and churros. You can also set up fun carnival games like dart balloons, ping pong tosses, ring tosses, and dunk tanks.
To really kick things up a notch, you can set up a little prize table where kids can cash their tickets in for small prizes.
8. Potluck Picnic
If you want to throw a summer bash but don’t want to be in charge of supplying all the food, why not throw a potluck picnic?
All you have to do is choose a date and then create a sign-up sheet so guests can choose whether they want to bring appetizers, main course items, desserts, or drinks.
You can even invest in red and white checkered tablecloths and buy wicker picnic baskets to really get the vibe going.
Are You Ready To Throw An Awesome Summer Party?
Now that you’ve read this article, it’s time to start planning your awesome summer party! Before you know it, you’ll be enjoying the sun with your loved ones while throwing a great party.
Be sure to check back in with our blog for more party ideas and tips!