The United States is the world’s most significant producer of beef and veal. The country is also known as one of the biggest consumers of the said meat.
According to Statista, the US produced a total of 11.5 million tons of the commodity in 2016.
In terms of beef consumption, the Americans consumed a total of 26.8 billion pounds for the same year. This can be interpreted as a per capita consumption of 57.2 pounds.
Despite being a massive producer of beef and veal, the country still imports a lot of meat. In 2017, its total import and export of the commodity reached around 2.8 billion pounds.
With the demand for fresh beef, a sales growth of 2.2% was likewise noted.
Beef is widely used in cooking steak. There are several different beef steak cuts people enjoy. Among them are the following:
- T-bone – This steak cut is shaped like the letter “T” thus its name. When you are choosing a T-bone, you can grill or broil it to make a good-tasting steak.
- Porterhouse – This cut is rich in tenderloin, which makes it the top choice among the steak cuts. Aside from grilling it, you may also prepare it in different ways. You may have it fried or broiled.
- Top sirloin – If you want a steak that has more lean portions, this will be a perfect choice. Using your non serrated steak knife set to cut into it will help you enjoy it even more.
- New York Strip – In the US, this is considered as a classic choice in most steakhouses. Its tender texture makes it a preferred cut among steak lovers.
With its many cuts, you will never run out of choices when you prepare your steak or order one from your trusted restaurant.
While there are different steak cuts, there are also various ways to cook it. Among them are the following:
- Grilling: One way of preparing a mouth-watering steak is by grilling. You can achieve the most desired result by making sure that you do wipe off the marinade from the meat first before you put it on top of a grill. Bear in mind, too, that it should not stay on an open flame for so long. You surely do not want to use your non serrated steak knife set on a slice of extra charred meat.
- Oven-Roasting: Another way of making a delicious steak is through roasting in an oven. Before putting the meat inside the oven, make sure that it is preheated at 260 degrees Celsius. The high temperature will help in producing juices that guarantees a much tastier steak.
- Broiling: This process of cooking is somehow similar to grilling. The difference, though, can be seen in the heat source. When broiling, the heat comes from the top rather than below. Therefore, when you’re using an oven for cooking, make sure that the meat is near the heat source.
No matter how you cook your steak, what’s important is that you do it the right way. Likewise, you have to pick the perfect set of steak knives to enjoy the meal.