We understand how stressful moving out can be. From packing your stuff and preparing for relocation to getting the rental house ready for inspection, the process can be tedious and quite overwhelming. You might end up having a lot on your plate before moving out. Looking for end of tenancy cleaning services London, use Helpling.
This is one reason why we recommend tenants to complete their tenancy cleaning in advance so that they can be sure of returning the house in good condition and also expect their deposit back.
As simple as it may sound, the actual cleaning process can be much more difficult. To make the task easier, we have compiled a set of tips and tricks that our friends from professional cleaning services have offered.
Let us take a look at some of the expert tips related to tenancy cleaning.
Professional advice on tenancy cleaning
Professional tenancy cleaning services often use a checklist that makes sure that they leave no task incomplete. They come equipped with all the necessary tools, and we rarely see them complain about a missing item. Years of experience in the field have given them enough knowledge which are sure to impress landlords.
We have shared those secrets with you. Keep reading to know more.
1. Have all the tools and supplies handy
From heavy-duty vacuum cleaners and their accessories to spray bottles, cleaning solutions, brooms, and wipers, etc., a lot of tools and products are needed when you start cleaning the house. It is best to keep them handy so that you do not find the need to rummage through your inventory later.
Besides, it is advisable to use mild products like baking soda, rubbing alcohol, white vinegar, castile soap, lemon juice, and olive oil to remove stains instead of the chemical-infused cleaning supplies.
2. Pay attention to the living room and bedrooms
Here are some tips that should be followed to a T for winning your deposit money back.
- Clean the ceiling fan blades with a fan blade duster. Gather all the particles of dust, dirt, and cobwebs from both sides of the fan.
- Clean the ducts and vents of your HVAC systems using a vacuum cleaner and a piece of microfibre cloth.
- Remove cobwebs, insect nests, and marks from the walls.
- Do not forget to wipe the light fixtures and fittings clean.
- See that the windows, blinds, and curtains are clean.
- Vacuum the mattress and wash the linens beforehand.
- See that there is no dust on any of the hard surfaces of the room.
- Finally, vacuum the area and mop the floor for a final touch.
3. Kitchen area
Kitchens are one of the most crucial parts of the house. Unfortunately, it is also one of those places which can accumulate grease, dirt, and unpleasant odors easily. Thus it is very important to make sure that your kitchen houses none of these. Here are some tips:
- Clean the inside and the outside of cabinets, drawers, cupboards, and doors with a clean, microfiber cloth.
- For the next step, use a mild to strong cleaning solution to de-grease the rings, knobs, and top of the stove. You can also use a paste of baking soda and lukewarm water to work on the stove.
- Make sure that the countertops of your kitchen are cleaned thoroughly.
- Wash and dry the cabinets and racks of your refrigerator to see that it does not host any unwanted odors.
Bathrooms are yet another place that requires intensive cleaning. Here is a list of areas you need to pay close attention to:
- Exhaust fans can immediately strike a bad impression. See that they are clean.
- Cupboards, drawers, and any other metallic areas need to be wiped down with a wet cloth.
- Clean the toilet and its surrounding areas. Treat any tough stains with cleaning solutions.
- Do not let rust stains, watermarks, or grime remain. Remove them with a cleaning solution and wipe those spots dry.
- Lastly, do not forget the mirrors, floors, and window tracks!